Skip to main content

What I'm Doing in Greece 13-16


Day 13: 01 Jun SANTORINI Ferry to Santorini. Meet and transfer on arrival. PM at leisure
After breakfast, we transfer to the port (shared) and embark on the ferry to Santorini (4h). We arrive in Santorini in the afternoon, where we are met and transfer to our hotel for check in check. The remainder of the day is at leisure. Previously named ‘Strongili’ and ‘Kalisti’ the current name of ‘Santorini’ derives from a more recent and Christian reference to Saint Irene. Consisting of a small group of volcanic islands, Santorini was the site of one of the largest volcanic eruptions in history. Today only a submerged volcano and a caldera – a fraction of the original island, remains. Santorini is closely related to the myth of Atlantis, as part of the lost civilization itself or as the volcanic cause of the loss of the Minoan civilization on Crete. One of the most spectacular Greek islands, Santorini is blessed with impressive scenery, and some truly stunning sunset views from the villages of Fira and Oia perched on cliffs. Like Crete and Mykonos, Santorini’s beaches are renowned. Amongst the most well know are the volcanic black sandy beaches of ‘Perissa’, ‘Kamari’ and the unique ‘Red Beach’, composed of black and red volcanic rocks. Overnight (3 star) King Thiras Hotel (or similar) Meal Plan: breakfast




Day 14: 02 Jun SANTORINI Full day Santorini tour: Akrotiri, Caldera, Sunset at Oia Village
This morning we depart on a full day tour of Santorini. We begin our tour with a visit to the Minoan ruins at Akrotiri. Located south of Fira, this ancient settlement is one of the main attractions on Santorini and one of the most important archaeological sites in Greece. We next visit The Caldera, which consist of two islets of black lava - the youngest islets in the Eastern Mediterranean - a crater and a hot spring located in the center of the basin. Finally, we visit Oia Village for the sunset views. Oia is the most famous of the famous villages of Santorini. Renowned for its quiet charm and spectacular sunset views, it is the perfect way to watch the sun set over the intense blue of the Mediterranean. After our tour we return to our hotel. Dinner is served at a restaurant very close to the hotel. Overnight (3 star) King Thiras Hotel (or similar) Meal Plan: breakfast, restaurant dinner




Day 15: 03 Jun ATHENS Transfer to port. Ferry to Athens. Meet & hotel transfer
Today we transfer to Santorini port and take the regular ferry to Athens. In Athens we are met and transferred to the hotel. This evening we gather in the foyer and depart for our farewell meal in a local restaurant. After our meal we transfer back to the hotel. Overnight (3 star) Golden City Hotel (or similar) Meal Plan: breakfast, restaurant dinner


Day 16: 04 Jun FLY Transfer to airport

This morning we transfer to the airport in time for our international departure flight. Meal plan: breakfast



Instagram: @dejanirareads  & @dejaniradawn
Twitter: @dejaniradawn
Email: dejaniradawn@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ranked as a Top Reviewer?!

Guys! It just popped up that I'm #166 top reviewers on Goodreads! That's great, isn't it?! I know it's only 166 but still, to be even ranked is amazing! Look! Here is my  Goodreads  account, just click the link! <3

Janurauy Wrap Up

Hey everyone! ( γεια σε όλους ! ) January  seemed to go on forever, right? I manged to read six books! So i reread my last blog post about reading and I noticed I didn't complete any of those to read or currently reading. Whoops? That's besides the point because i'm almost finished with those books now! I've listened to a few books last month so those are included in the six! If you're not aware, I made a book club on Goodreads (Just Another Book Club) and the current book of the month is Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I have had this book for years and I have been wanting to pick it up so i'm glad we are reading this! I'm also reading a book for my college English class that I won't finish this month due to the fact she wants us to read it all together. Read : Percy Jackson and the Singer of Apollo  by Rick Riordan (e-book) Knight of the Word  by Terry Brooks (audio book/physical)  Ilse Witch  by Terry Brooks (audio book/ physical) Angel Fi

Reading Goals for 2018

Hey everyone! ( γεια σε όλους ! [gotta practice that Greek])  I haven't written about books in awhile mainly about how i'm going to Greece in the spring. Last year I read 44 books out of my goal of 40, which is surprising because I took about 2 months of not reading anything due to the end of the semester and working. In September when I started driving back and forth to college again, instead of listening to music, I decided to listen to books. Audible really helped me get out of my book lump and I've read 10 books in 3 months and two weeks of driving back and forth. I would also listen to the books during the weekend when I was cleaning my room or if I had to drive somewhere. On Goodreads, I wanted to clean up my selves a bit, so I created a new shelf "own not read" and I marked all the books I currently own( e-books and physical) instead of marking them as "to read". I currently have 239 physical books, minus a few textbooks from college, most